Applesauce & almond gluten-free muffins. Throw the apples, apple juice and lemon juice into a pan and bring it to the boil over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Put the apples and water in a saucepan.
In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher. Once the apples are cooked through, remove the pot from the heat. You can cook Applesauce & almond gluten-free muffins using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Applesauce & almond gluten-free muffins
- It's 7 1/2 ounces of gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 3 1/2 ounces of plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of plus pinch ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- You need 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of butter.
- It's 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of slivered almonds (optional).
Use a potato masher to mash the cooked apples in the pot to make a chunky applesauce. For a smoother applesauce you can either run the cooked apples through a food mill, or purée them using a stick blender or a standing blender. Applesauce is a low-fat source of vitamins, and can serve as a sweet, nutritious snack between meals. While applesauce, and apples in general, are high in sugar, these sugars occur naturally in.
Applesauce & almond gluten-free muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Cream butter and sugar together..
- Add in egg and applesauce..
- Add dry and spices to the wet ingredients..
- Let it rest for 30 minutes..
- Portion out into prepared muffin tins..
- Bake for 12 minutes..
In a Dutch oven, bring apples, water and cinnamon to a boil. Add sugar to taste and stir until dissolved. If you used a cinnamon stick, remove and discard. Mash apples with a potato masher until desired texture is reached. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean and add pod.